iSMS SF100 Receive Non-Polling

Home Forums iSMS iSMS SF100 Receive Non-Polling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ashley Farrugia
    Participant

Hello Guys,

I am trying to send a message over the 160 SMS character threshold, and the GSM modem is receiving this as two separate messages. Is there anyway I can identify or concatenate the two received messages, so that I can combine the message at application level or they can be shown through the web-api as one message.

I have so far, upgraded the firmware to 1.51.28 and enabled PDU mode, but this does not seem to have made any difference. I would be grateful if you can give me some guidance on resolving this.

Thanks,

Ashley

Bryon Davis

Hi Ashley,
    If you enable PDU mode and “Concatenate Multipart Outbound Messages” in the SMS Settings menu, then long messages sent from the iSMS should be received as one long concatenated message.

Regards,
    Bryon

Ashley Farrugia
    Participant

Hello Byron,

Apologies for not being more specific in my original post, I am receiving the messages from a third party system. These messages are being passed into an application that handles the messages for our system. Unfortunately when the messages are sent from the third party, they are over the 160 character threshold, meaning we receive two messages instead of one; obviously this is how they are transmitted. My question is this, is there a way of identifying the two messages that are sent as one from the third party system? We could use the time and date the messages were sent but this is not practical in a live environment as we may be receiving multiple messages in a small space of time.

Thanks,

Ashley

Bryon Davis

Hi Ashley,
    This is a known issue with receiving multipart messages. We are looking into a better way to handle this. With the current receive API there isn’t a way to tell if a received message was part of one long multipart message. There is a feature request to resolve this issue, but I don’t currently have an estimate on when this will be available.

Regards,
    Bryon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.