Internet connection on conduit AEP using Ethernet cable

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Internet connection on conduit AEP using Ethernet cable

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Akshay Bhavsar
    Participant

Hi there,

Is there any way that conduit AEP can get internet access via Ethernet cable connected to PC as PC has WiFi connection. I do not want to use simcard for it. If it is then what settings will be required in GUI of conduit AEP and in PC.

Thanks,
    Akshay Bhavsar

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Akshay,

In the Conduit Web UI go to Setup->Network Interfaces. Select the eth0 interface for editing, and configure the appropriate IP and gateway (your PC) for the interface. You will have to save and restart. Your Conduit should then be trying to use your PC as it’s gateway for LAN connectivity.

Are you going to enable Cellular at the same time?

Jeff

Akshay Bhavsar
    Participant

Thanks Jeff,

I am not going to use cellular same time , but can I use it as one of internet connection might have drop or other problem, just as a backup ?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Akshay,

The most recent version of AEP does not have WAN failover capability, however, the upcoming release does. In that case, you could set up the eth0 interface as your highest priority WAN, and have the PPP second. If the wan management software detects that the Ethernet WAN is not working it will switch over to PPP. I’m hoping that this will be available in late Q1 this year.

Jeff

Akshay Bhavsar
    Participant

Thanks jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.