Insert data into MySQL

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Insert data into MySQL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wout
    Participant

Dear Multitech Community,

I have written a python program that fetches modbus data via minimalmodbus. Now I have to put this data into our MySQL database. Unfortunately I can’t seem to install the right library for this. I tried pip install mysql-python but I get a “no mysql_config” error. Then I found on the internet that “apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev” would be a solution, but this doesn’t work on the multitech…

Is there anyone here who knows how to send data to a mysql database within the multitech python? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Wout

John Klug

You would not want to install -dev packages on a Conduit, since usually these are for building objects, and development tools will not fit. You must cross compile if you are to compile objects.

The list of pre-built packages is referenced on this page:

Downloads

Look for pre-built packages. If you follow the links, you will find both MTCAP and MTCDT hardware at various levels.

Installation instructions are here:

OPKG Package Manager

If none of the packages are what you want, you will need to investigate open-embedded, and build what you want using our tools:

The title of this is building images, but you can build individual packages as well with the bitbake command:

Building Images

You could then copy the files in build/tmp/deploy/ipk onto an HTML server of your own, and reconfigure /etc/opkg/mlinux-feed.conf to point at your packages.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by John Klug.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.