initial bitbake corecdp-base-image troubles

Home Forums General initial bitbake corecdp-base-image troubles

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Fugere
    Participant

Hello – apologies for the newb question/issues, but I am presently unsuccessful in getting the base line bitbake build to complete. System is a Dell M4600 running Ubuntu 11.10/Unity. I’ve taken care of the bash issue, which I first forgot to do and had the original install die after running for awhile. Now, it appears that perhaps I need the installation to do a full overwrite/reinstall instead of spot-checking things and declaring them to be OK, but further attempts by me to rectify python or sqlite2 situation (which do show as successfully installed) have failed to rectify things. Maybe I need to install older ubuntu and start over from scratch?

Following is a screen capture of error (at the end) , Profuse Apologies for the length – wanted to provide as much info as possible.

Many thanks in advance for any help

– Mike

%<%=%<%=%<%=%<%=%<%=%<%=%<%=%<%=%<%=

mafugere@fugerem4600:~/corecdp-2.0.2/multitech/contrib/install-deps$ sudo ./install-debian-ubuntu-deps.sh

[sudo] password for mafugere:

Reading package lists… Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information… Done

build-essential is already the newest version.

chrpath is already the newest version.

coreutils is already the newest version.

cvs is already the newest version.

diffstat is already the newest version.

docbook-utils is already the newest version.

g++ is already the newest version.

gawk is already the newest version.

git-core is already the newest version.

help2man is already the newest version.

make is already the newest version.

python is already the newest version.

sed is already the newest version.

subversion is already the newest version.

texi2html is already the newest version.

texinfo is already the newest version.

unzip is already the newest version.

wget is already the newest version.

python-pysqlite2 is already the newest version.

desktop-file-utils is already the newest version.

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

mafugere@fugerem4600:~/corecdp-2.0.2/multitech/contrib/install-deps$ ^C

mafugere@fugerem4600:~/corecdp-2.0.2/multitech/contrib/install-deps$

mafugere@fugerem4600:~/corecdp-2.0.2$ ./setup.sh

Overwrite env-oe.sh with defaults? (y/N) y

Copying default environment script…

Overwrite conf/local.conf with defaults? (y/N) y

Creating default bitbake configuration…

Creating user-layer…

Overwrite user-layer/conf/layer.conf with defaults? (y/N) y

Creating default user-layer configuration…

Creating directory structure…

Updating git submodules…

Setup Done.

To build corecdp-base-image:

source env-oe.sh

bitbake corecdp-base-image

mafugere@fugerem4600:~/corecdp-2.0.2$ source env-oe.sh

mafugere@fugerem4600:~/corecdp-2.0.2$ bitbake corecdp-base-image

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/bin/bitbake”, line 35, in <module>

import bb

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/__init__.py”, line 138, in <module>

deprecate_import(__name__, “bb.fetch”, (“MalformedUrl”, “encodeurl”, “decodeurl”))

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/__init__.py”, line 126, in deprecate_import

module = __import__(modulename, fromlist = fromlist)

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch/__init__.py”, line 33, in <module>

from bb import persist_data

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/persist_data.py”, line 34, in <module>

from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3

ImportError: No module named pysqlite2

/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py:87: RuntimeWarning: Parent module ‘bb’ not found while handling absolute import

from bb.msg import BBLogFormatter

Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/atexit.py”, line 24, in _run_exitfuncs

func(*targs, **kargs)

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py”, line 87, in print_ui_queue

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/__init__.py”, line 138, in <module>

deprecate_import(__name__, “bb.fetch”, (“MalformedUrl”, “encodeurl”, “decodeurl”))

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/__init__.py”, line 126, in deprecate_import

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch/__init__.py”, line 32, in <module>

from bb import data

ImportError: cannot import name data

Error in sys.exitfunc:

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/atexit.py”, line 24, in _run_exitfuncs

func(*targs, **kargs)

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py”, line 87, in print_ui_queue

File “/home/mafugere/corecdp-2.0.2/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch/__init__.py”, line 32, in <module>

from bb import data

ImportError: cannot import name data

mafugere@fugerem4600:~/corecdp-2.0.2$

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Yes, Ubuntu 11.10 came out not very long before CoreCDP 2.0.2 and there are build problems with it — so it’s unsupported for now. The release notes specify distributions that are known to work. I recommend installing Ubuntu 11.04 LTS.

Mike Fugere
    Participant

OK, thank you – I’ll make an 11.04LTS disk and give it a try.

Mike Fugere
    Participant

Oh, BTW – is 64-bit version OK, or has the build system only been tested with the 32-bit? And, did you mean “10.04LTS”, or “11.04” ?

Sorry-

MikeF

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Ah, sorry, I meant 10.04 LTS, but 11.04 is supported as well. Either 64 or 32-bit is fine.

Mike Fugere
    Participant

Well,I had to completely wipe the 11.10 off the hard drive for the 11.04 ISO disk to install without crashing, but I’m now running 11.04 and have successfully made it all the way through the bitbake base process without error. Phew!

Thanks for the help&patience.

One last question, if you please – are any of you using Eclipse with plug ins – I realize the OpenEmbedded plugins for Eclipse at this stage are still very “young”.

Joan Carles
    Participant

I am also facing issues after installing openembedded/ bitbake in ubuntu 11.10, while some lucky colleague here easily succeeds with ubuntu 11.04 but… is it for sure that CDC-2.0.2 will never work in any ubuntu 11.10? isn’t there any patch or workaround if the problem’s origin seems to be so focused?

regards and good binaries

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

There are likely patches and workarounds available for some of the incompatibilities in the upstream OpenEmbedded project. You are free to search their mailing lists and git repos and apply fixes you find.

Currently, building CoreCDP 2.0.2 will NOT work with any Ubuntu 11.10 version, that is correct. It’s possible that an update will be made to improve compatibility, but we ran into multiple issues with several software packages at release time, so it was decided not to support it. If you don’t want to bother with trying to fix the build issues, then we recommend using one the tested distributions documented in the release notes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.