How to tell if modem is using 2g or 3g for data connection

Home Forums General How to tell if modem is using 2g or 3g for data connection

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Li
    Participant

Hi

I have a MTSMC-H5 modem. I need a way to determine whether modem is using 2G or 3G for data connection with AT commands. I looked through the AT command reference manual and did not find a command that tells me this. Also, is there a configuration I can set via AT commands to have the modem only use 2g or 3g?

Thanks

Lucas Li
    Participant

The datasheet for MTSMC-H5 says it supports 2g and 3g. I put an old 2G sim card in the modem and data cannot connect at all. If the h5 modem does support 2G then could this be caused by 2g configuration not turned on?

Thanks

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Lucas,
    In the AT Command manual search for the #PSNT command. This command returns data on the type of network service currently in use.

Search for the +WS46 command if you want to disallow either 2G or 3G services.

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Lucas,
    Looks like you posted a 2nd question while I was typing my last post. The H5 modems do support 2G and 3G services. By default the -H5 modems are shipped with 2G and 3G both enabled. If you are having trouble connecting with one SIM card and not another, you may want to open a support ticket.

http://support.multitech.com

Lucas Li
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your response. I’ll try 2g after setting the ws46 to 12. I heard at&t is taking their 2g service anyways.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.