How to get Sent Fax Status and Received Faxes No using Webservice

Home Forums FaxFinder How to get Sent Fax Status and Received Faxes No using Webservice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Faisal Shahzad
    Participant

Hello,
    I am a developer and have some technical questions.

Actually We have purchased FaxFinder FF840 and integrated it into our software. Now we have successfully setup the sending and receiving portions but i have some concerns about it.

1. When fax received into our system the faxfinder device save that file to a folder and name it like “fax_inbound_Line 2_20130711_104523_recv6834.pdf”. How can i read the sender number or id from this file name without opening the file? or can i change the naming convention of the received faxes so that i can format it accordingly?

2. When Fax sent from our software using faxfinder api we get the status “CREATED” after that how can we get the updated STATUS so that we can update it into our application accordingly. OR is there any way to update the status of sent faxes in to our application. Any webservice method or any xml etc.

I would be very thankful for any help.

Regards.
    Faisal

For question 1, I’m sorry at the current time there is no way to get the sender info of an inbound fax without opening the fax. It is also not possible to change the naming convention at this time.

For question 2, it should also return fax_entry info that contains fax_entry_url. Your application can then use this url to to get status info on the fax.

Regards,
    Carol Almquist

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.