How to configure mdot to Join a LoRa network

Home Forums mDot/xDot How to configure mdot to Join a LoRa network

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sabrine
    Participant

Hello,

I want to configure my mdot to send messages to the LoRa network, so to do the Over The Air Activation (OTAA): I need to set the following parameters:
    * DevEUI
    * AppKey
    * AppEUI

for the DevEUI it is ok it is on the device. But for the AppKey and AppEUI I am confused, how can I found them and set them in my mdot?

I can connect to a private LoRa network by setting the network id and password but how can I connect to a public LoRa network?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bryan Tran

Hi sabrine,

Q: for the DevEUI it is ok it is on the device. But for the AppKey and AppEUI I am confused, how can I found them and set them in my mdot?

MTS:

AT+NK == (App Key in LoRaWAN)

AT+NI == (App EUI in LoRaWAN)

Note: Type ‘help’ to get more info for other commands.

Thanks,

BT

sabrine
    Participant

sorry but I dont understand where I can find the AppKey and AppEUI in LoRaWAN? how will give me those values?

Thanks!

Bryan Tran

Hi sabrine,

Are you trying to do OTAA from the mDot to the Conduit in public mode, or are you trying to do OTAA from the mDot to the third party LoRaWAN network based cloud server through the Conduit (Conduit is setup as a packet forwarder) ? For example, TTN (the things network..etc)

If you are doing it through a third party LoRaWAN network based cloud server, then you would get those values from them.

Otherwise, if you are doing the OTAA between the Conduit, then you can get these value by web into the Conduit and go Setup -> LoRa Network Server -> Name and pass phrase.

Thanks,

BT

sabrine
    Participant

great! it is clear now 🙂
    Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.