How to attach larger PDF attachments

Home Forums FaxFinder How to attach larger PDF attachments

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jim Burns
    Participant

We are developing a system where clients can upload multiple PDFs as attachments and we need to be able to fax all of them in a single transmission. I understand that you have a 5MB limit on your inline attachment. Is there a way to increase that limit? Or is there an alternative way to attach the PDFs? I know we can set the source as External, but I don’t see any documentation on your Web Service API for uploading documents separately from the Schedule Fax XML. We need to use the Web Service API.

Mike Gadda
    Blocked

Hi Jim,

What is the specific model and firmware version of the Faxfinder you have?

Mayur Birari
    Participant

We are using FF240 and FF440. And I’ve the similar question. For sending fax, the request limit is 2MB or 5MB? How to send bigger pdfs?

Mike Gadda
    Blocked

The maximum size for sending from the web interface is 48 Mb and from the client software, T.37 or API it is 36 Mb. If you are not able to send files of this size then make sure you have updated the server and client software to the latest versions. Also if sending via T.37 be aware that the email provider will likely have attachment size limits.

Mayur Birari
    Participant

Thanks Mike.
    The web services manual also state that there is an alternative way “external”. In this we include the http exposed link to the pdf document. Is there a limit on this as well?

Mike Gadda
    Blocked

An external linked document would still be limited to 36 Mb.

Mayur Birari
    Participant

Thanks Mike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.