How can I save node list to avoid re-join of devices when replacing the Conduit

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model How can I save node list to avoid re-join of devices when replacing the Conduit

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jerome
    Participant

Hi !
    I’m using a AEP 3G Conduit for 50 devices that are located in a store. The devices are doing the join once (OTAA), before being installed in the store.
    If, for any reason, we have to change the Conduit (for instance in case of electric shock), I would like to avoid forcing the devices to join again to communicate with this new Conduit.
    Is there a way to save the node list or the “join information”, so I could copy that list into the new gateway, and the devices would communicate without the need to join again ?
    I guess in this case, the network key should be the same ? Is there other information that should be similar ?
    Thanks for your help,
    Jérôme

magouero
    Participant

I don’t think so because there is encryption so you don’t have appSKey nor netSKey. (see Lorawan spec)
    If you use ABP then you define the keys and can do what you want. Better to do that i think.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The network server db is saved in the config partition which can be backed up via Save Config into a tar ball.
    When this archive is loaded onto a new Conduit it should act the same as the old one.

Of course you would have to backup the Config after all devices have joined. And depending on the length of time the devices have been running the counters may not be able to rsync without the devices have to re-join.

It is a better practice to have the device be able to detect the loss of network session and re-join.

Jerome
    Participant

Thank you Jason for this precise and clear answer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.