Help understanding what can be done through API

Home Forums FaxFinder Help understanding what can be done through API

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steven Beardall
    Participant

Boy, this is a tough one for a non-programmer/IT guy.

I have a FaxFinder FF830. It is currently setup to have faxes(PDFs) be automated via PHP script to the Fax API(not setup by me, previous programmer). It will loop this until all PDF’s found for sending are queued up. It will sleep for a certain time and then wake up to check the status of all the fax jobs (pdf’s) and if the job returns a “SENT” state, it will move the succesfully sent PDF out of the folders to be scanned for sending and into a completed folder. If the fax was still in a state other than “SENT”, it leaves the PDF where it is, which leaves it to be sent again the next time the script runs. It will re-send PDF’s that were left behind because there is no check before hand whether or not the existing files have been sent or are still waiting to be sent. This causes for duplicate jobs to queue up and go out, until it reads the state as “SENT” at the end of the script, so you just hope that it completed before the end of the script wakes up and runs.

If someone is willing to look at the code, I will send it.

Is there a better way to view Outbound logs other than within the Faxfinder Webserver, which limits you 15 per page and makes you click into the details to get the info you really want?

Thank you.

Sorry for the late response.

I would suggest adding a state called QUEUED when you are looping to queue the faxes. Then when it wakes up to check the status add a check for QUEUED and skip that fax but continue to move the ones that are SENT.

Sorry, at this time there is not a better way to view the Outbound Logs. What info on the details page are you looking for?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.