GSM link lost: how to know ?

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model GSM link lost: how to know ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    magouero
    Participant

Hello,

i need to know if the GSM link is up or down in order to block some operations in the conduit.
    pppstatus.pid seemed to be a good thing but it does not come down quickly, veeeery slow.
    And furthermore it never shows “PPP link is up” when link comes back. (unless you constantly poll with cat or tail pppstatus.pid which is a poor way to do it).
    (Try tail -f pppstatus for example…)

Is a polling on radio-query –netreg and checking for “registered” word the best way ?
    (hope not)

How do people using conduit get informed that the GSM link is lost without waiting several minutes ?

Quite important feature for a gateway that uses radio as its main link to the world.

Thanks for your help.

Tom Hill
    Participant

I had asked this question before and here is the Link

Thanks,
    Yogesh

magouero
    Participant

Thanks but it does not work.

Try the following:
    inject (with repeat /3s)— http (asking ppp status) — debug

after some time remove the antenna and see how much time is take to see ppp down…

radio-query seems to react faster and shows “searching” or “registered”.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by magouero.
    Tom Hill
    Participant

Any inputs from multitech team as to how best to determine the PPP link status? It seemed to work for me fine as soon as I removed the antenna from conduit. It didn’t take too long to determine the PPP Status. Let me experiment it again and will see if there is a delay in determining the PPP status.

How do you execute the radio query from node-red?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

magouero
    Participant

Connect via SSH using Putty on RJ45, and use “radio-query” then follow the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.