Getting Lora Data to Azure IOT Hub

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Getting Lora Data to Azure IOT Hub

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Terrence Spencer
    Participant

Prior to getting my Conduit back in service, I have been sending my
    sensor data to my Helium LoraWan gateway via LoraWan code.
    The Helium device would forward the payload to the Helium Console LNS.
    From there I used a pre configured NodeRed flow to connect to my Auzre IOT Hub.

I know how to write my sensor code to gather sensor data and forward that data to a Lora gateway.
    I am missing expertese on receiving a payload and forwarding it onto an MQTT broker.

My Conduit is sitting at mPower Edge Intelligence Conduit – Application Enablement Platform v6.3.0
    No configuration yet.

Could you guys give me some top level guidance on what approach I should take in order to send data from lora devices and then forward that data onto Azure IOT hub?

Thank you.

Terrence Spencer
    Participant

Hmm, seems I am not allowed to edit the topic I just posted.

I was going to add that I do NOT want to use LoraWAN, just Lora.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster
    Terrence Spencer
    Participant

Oh, great. Thank you Jason.

Terrence Spencer
    Participant

Getting Started with LoRa Conduit AEP (LoRa Configuration)

In Steve’s video he describes how to see if your sensor data is getting to the conduit buy hooking up a Lora node to the debug node in NodeRed.

What is the equivalent test without the NodeRed app?

Before I struggle to get data to Azure, I might as well see if the conduit is actually receiving my sensor data.

Terrence Spencer
    Participant

I keep getting “You are blocked from entering information on this site…explain what you are trying to do…” messages when I try and post a comment.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Terrence

In the GUI under LoRaWAN there is a “Packets” tab that will display successful ‘joins’ and received uplink packets. You can also enable SSH then SSH into the Gateway and subscribe to the local broker to see valid received uplink packets with the command mosquitto_sub -t lora/+/up

Terrence Spencer
    Participant

Thank you Steve.

Terrence Spencer
    Participant

Steve reviewing your great video again I note that I need to set the following:

FrequencySubBand
    NetworkName
    Passphrase

In mPower v6.3.0 GUI, Under LoraWan/Network Settings I see where to set the FrequencySubBand.
    There appears to be several areas where I am able to set NetworkName and Passphrase.

Would you mind telling me which area I should set them in for Lora?

Thank you.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Terrence
    If looking to add a “LoRa end-node” or sensor to the Gateway whitelist for OTA Join to the Conduit configured as a LoRa Network Server then in the GUI go to ‘LoRaWAN’, ‘Key Management’ and select “add new”.
    From the ‘LoRa end-node’ or sensor you will need the DevEUI, AppKEY and AppEUI.
    If an AppEUI is not provided with the sensor “LoRa end-node” you can make one up.
    For example 8877665544332211
    You will also need to try and configure the end-node FSB to match the configured FSB on the Gateway.

Terrence Spencer
    Participant

Steve I can’t find the timeout setting for the UI. Every time I switch back to the conduit to see if it has received any packets, I am logged out (within 1 minute or so).

At one point, I was keying Device and App EUI data in and was logged out right in the middle of data entry.

mPower 6.3.0

Steve Kovarik

Hi Terrence

Extend the Gateway timeout in “Administration”, “Access Configuration”.

-Best Regards

Terrence Spencer
    Participant

Thank you Steve.

1. Would you like me to create new topics for things like that so others can benefit, or just keep this one going?

2. Should I open a new topic for: When I log in to mPower, the screen just sits there spinning. So what I do is just change the URL to the device’s IP address and I arrive at the home screen, authenticated and all is fine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.