gdb troubles

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG gdb troubles

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck using gdb with threaded programs? I get the following error:

warning: Unable to find libthread_db matching inferior’s thread library, thread debugging will not be available.

I tried installing libthread_db1 and glibc-dbg that didn’t solve the issue.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

If you used opkg to install glibc-dbg and libthread-db1, try forcefully reinstalling the libc6 package.

opkg update

opkg –force-reinstall install libc6

We ran into a similar issue and it was resolved by reflashing the entire rootfs or by reinstalling libc6.

Brian
    Participant

When I try this, opkg says:

# opkg update

# opkg –force-reinstall install libc6

Reinstalling libc6 (2.9-r37.4.6) on root…

Collected errors:

* ERROR: Package libc6 (parent libc6) is not available from any configured src.

* Failed to download libc6. Perhaps you need to run ‘opkg update’?

* Cannot find package libc6.

#

It seems like opkg can’t find whatever repository it needs to get it’s software. The device has internet access and can ping and resolve hostnames in the outside world.

I think I may be missing some critical config files. Does this install method work for you? What does your /etc/opkg folder contain? Are you using any *-feed.conf files?

Thanks.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Opkg isn’t configured by default to pull from any feeds because Multi-Tech doesn’t publish any feeds for public use.

You’ll need to set up a feed on your development machine if you want to use ‘opkg update’ and ‘opkg install’ to install packages that you build. See this article for more information: http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/cellular-development-platform/development/setting-up-a-package-feed/

How did you install gdb on the unit?

You also have the option of reflashing the unit with your custom image (that contains gdb, glibc-dbg, etc).

Brian
    Participant

I installed gdb by copying over the .ipk file and its dependencies and using opkg to install it. Then to reinstall libc6, I copied over the libc6 ipk file and reinstalled it. However, this didn’t fix the issue.

How do I add gdb and it’s dependencies to an image? I was looking at the getting started page where it discusses custom images, but I couldn’t find how to create them.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked
    Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

I also added a link to it on the Getting Started page.

Brian
    Participant

Reinstalling lib6 and then installing libthread_db1, glibc-dbg, and gdb worked in that order. On one unit, gdb was already installed, and no amount of reinstalling those packages would make it work. I re-flashed the unit and installed the packages in that order and then it worked.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.