Feature Requests

Home Forums FaxFinder Feature Requests

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dell Thornhill
    Participant

I hope this list doesn’t seem like nitpicking – I really like the appliance and faxing software, I just think that these features would make it even better than it already is.

Current versions as of writing this:
    Appliance firmware: 4.0.0.3
    FaxFinder client (Windows): 4.0.0
    FaxFinder model: FF240-IP.R1

Appliance firmware:

Cover page name.
      – Instead of using the filename for the cover page name it would be a lot cleaner to give the cover page a name that would be presented to the users in the client.

Cover page description.
      – Cover pages are updated infrequently and it would be nice to have a description field on the server for each cover page so you could document things like source file location and other information.

User reporting.
      – Who’s connected to the server right now? What version of the client are they using? What’s their hostanme/IP? AD user or local? When did they last connect? etc.

Active Directory username case insensitivity.
      – When the appliance is AD integrated the user must enter their username the same way that it’s configured in their AD user account. So if JDOE is configured as all caps in AD, the user must use all caps with the FaxFinder client. It would be nice if the username was case insensitive. I know the appliance is Linux based but I have other AD integrated, Linux based appliances and they don’t have this issue.

Granular security access.
      – Enable AD users to be system admins (might be possible already, not sure). Enable SSH/Web access on a per user basis. Be able to disable the SSH service altogether from System Configuration.

FaxFinder client:

Automatic refresh.
      – Have the status of the fax automatically update rather than clicking refresh button.

Edit contact after it’s added.
      – Right now when you add a fax number to fax too, you can’t edit it, you can only delete it and re-add it. It’s frustrating to fill in all the info, add it and find out that you mixed a number in the fax number and have to redo it.

Installation parameters for mass deployments of the client.
      – Be able to specify settings like “Minimize client on close” via installation parameters when rolling out client to many users.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Dell Thornhill. Reason: Underline HTML tags didn't work
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Dell Thornhill. Reason: formatting
    Steve Kovarik

Hello Dell

Thank you for taking the time to articulate enhancing the FaxFinder.
    This information will be added to our feature request list and considered
    for a future firmware release to enhance the product.

Few people take the time to reach out to the manufacturer with product
    enhancement ideas from a usability standpoint, so we sincerely thank you for your efforts in this matter.

-Kind Regards

Mike Gadda
    Blocked

Hi Dell,

Regarding the client, there are some options for these. For the refresh timer go to Manage General Configuration and find the option Auto-Refresh interval.

There are MSI installation options to minimize user interaction:

To install FFClient from the command line, type the following command in the console:
    msiexec /i FFClient-x64-3.1.1.X.msi SERVER=hostname_or_IPaddress SSL=true_or_false USER=username PASSWORD=password
    The following parameters can be used:
    • /quiet – no user interaction is required, no UI is shown to the user
    • /passive – no user interaction is required, the progress bar is displayed
    • /l filename.txt – this parameter logs the process into the file that user specifies

Although the Contacts can’t currently be edited on the fly when sending, they can be edited within the client under Contacts. Click on the edit icon for the contact you need to edit.

Dell Thornhill
    Participant

Thanks for the info regarding the installation options and the client options (I should have looked through the options more thoroughly 🙂

A couple more feature requests:
    -Selectively convert an incoming fax to PDF or TIF based on a routing rule.
    Right now, as far as I know, the output format of the fax is a global setting of either PDF or TIF. Keep that setting as the default, but allow the user to create an inbound fax rule that would convert to either PDF or TIF and then save the fax to a share or email to a user, etc like normal.

-Run a script after a fax is received.
    This one might be tricky to implement, but it would be really powerful to be able to run a shell/bash script after a fax is received.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.