Feasibility questions

Home Forums iSMS Feasibility questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nan jayaram
    Participant

I just discovered this solution.. I have a few questions and would appreciate your inputs ..

a. Can anyone confirm that the device can send the SMS in multiple languages. Can you confirm that this is not a function of the carrier? My application pertains to language translation and this is very important for us.

b. Can I receive messages in different languages?

c. Can I use a 8 or 4 port device and buy one SIM and test it out? And buy additional SIMs to scale my application needs?

d. Which all US carriers does this device support? Anyone have a list of reps so I can get in touch and setup a SIM? (AT&T and T-Mobile probably?)

e. Can my application send SMS and have the user respond back to my application? And if I am using a 8 port device, can I use a particular number consistently to send/receive the message to/from user? (so user sees same SMS number on their phones).

Thanks

Nan.

Bryon Davis

Hi Nan,

a. The iSMS can send and receive multiple languages using Unicode. Carriers will only support certain encodings, but most carriers support Unicode.

b. See a.

c. Yes, you can add SIMs for just the ports you want to use and disable the unused ports.

d. I don’t have a list of carriers. I know AT&T and T-Mobile work because we test with these. I believe we should work with most carriers as long as they support 2G GSM/GPRS, and the SIM are not pin enabled.

e. Yes you can specify which modem to use when sending. You will receive messages to modems based on which number they sent it to. So if you want someone to send to a certain modem, you give them the number to that modem.

Regards,

Bryon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.