FaxFinder Webservice API – file-formats

Home Forums FaxFinder FaxFinder Webservice API – file-formats

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steffen Mauch
    Participant

we are looking for a network faxing-solution. So I found Your FaxFinder product. We are very interested in the webservice functionality because we want to use the solution out of background services on servers. I wasn’t able to figure out which file-formats can be used for the webservice API. Is only plaintext supportet or also other formats like HTML-files?

I also found only very short examples in using the webservice API. If I understand them correctly, there is no example how to create a new faxjob but only the response of creating a new one (e. g. on Your webpage: http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/faxfinder/web-services-api/ or the manual which actually has the same content like the webpage). Is there a more detailed documentation available (e. g. which lists all states for a faxjob and so on).

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

The supported file formats for sending faxes are PDF, TIFF, Postscript and plain text. This applies to all forms of sending faxes (Web API, Windows client software, T.37, and using the web interface on the server itself).

The first example on the API page under “Scheduling a Fax” shows the example XML posted to the web server to send a fax. Look for the <schedule_fax> element. The attachment must be base64-encoded and included in the XML. The example shown has a very small attachment to keep it simple to display.

If you scroll down farther on the page, you will find descriptions of the XML elements using embedded comments. This shows all of the options that are available, including attachment types:

application/pdf

application/postscript

image/tiff

text/plain

Also, I reformatted all of the XML examples on the API page so they are easier to read.

Jesse

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.