Faxfinder Client Deployment

Home Forums FaxFinder Faxfinder Client Deployment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Taylor
    Participant

I am installing the faxfinder client software on all of our workstations. Users need to setup their options and add a device before they are able to use faxfinder. I can push the options by copying a configured options.ini from %appdata%\FaxFinder Client Software\options.ini This seems to configure most of the client except for the Devices are not added.
    When I look in the options file I can see my device listed under the
    [fax finder device0] section but this device is never added. The faxfinder device must still be added manually. Is there a way that I can get client software configured without manually touching each install?

Aaron
    Participant

I had a similar issue when deploying the software. The challenge is that the FaxFinder client does not appear to read the contents of the file during operation, only reads on opening and writes to on closing. I tried pushing the files out as read only to prevent the software from deleting my server configs on exit, but the client would crash as I recall when I did that.

My best solution was to create a script that would terminate the faxfinder process, overwrite the ini file with my copy, then relaunch the client. This was with an older version of the software, however, so things may have changed since then. I do know that when one of my team members was investigating it and called support, at that time there was no way to officially push out server configs, which is unfortunate as it would make deployment much easier, especially with the AD integration in the x40 line.

alan brewer
    Participant

I too would like to push the server config with the client. MultiTech guys, is this on the radar for the future?

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

I’ve created an internal request regarding each of the topics mentioned above. However, I don’t have a timeline when each would be addressed.

Thanks for the feedback. We do want to make it easier for our customers to use the product. This is one of those areas that has come up a few times in our Support Portal as well.

Best Regards,
    Darrik

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.