Fax errors

Home Forums FaxFinder Fax errors

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Fernando Pastrana
    Participant

Hello. I have a FF840. We are getting tons of fax errors. The fax logs that the FF840 emails out when debugging are 26.5 MB, well we use gmail for work which has a 25MB attachment limit. Is there anyway to just download these logs? I know the button (link) says email/save… but it only emails them out. I need the logs so tech support can help me troubleshoot. Any one know of another way to get them?

We have a PRI that is connected to a block then the lines go direct into the fax server as POTS lines. Only used for inbound faxing.

thanks

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Which version of the FF840 firmware are you using? Which web browser?

In the current release (3.3.8), on the System Configuration–>Debug page there is a Download Logs button. I believe this option has been available since the original release.

Fernando Pastrana
    Participant

We currently have the 3.38 firmware version. In addition, the web browser used is explorer 11. The system will not allow us to email the error logs.

Dime Ignatovski
    Participant

Don’t waste your time with a fax finder is all I can say. My company is stuck with this device that can only send/receive faxes 50 percent of the time and fail the rest.

First we were on a PBX (Allworx) and after a month of troubleshooting our telecom moved the outbound fax lines to verizon FIOS POTS lines and it only improved about 10% nothing more. Inbound lines stayed on PBX.

I connected a clunker fax machine (canon) to both our PBX and our fios pots lines and it shoots out a 30 page document in less than 10-15 minutes to the same test numbers while through the faxfinder we are lucky to get a page per two minutes performance IF it doesn’t drop the connection at the end of transmission in the first place.

To this day I am still helpless and don’t know what to tell my staff when their faxes are failing. It’s just been fail fail fail with this equipment.

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Dime,

Engineering and Escalation are taking a look at your cases. I’m sorry that you have not had a good experience. However, I would say that most FaxFinder installations are unique. We do have many happy customers. Your installation has something else unique that we’ll try to understand and help you resolve.

Fernando,

Originally you had mentioned you wanted to download the log files rather than have them e-mailed. Have you been able to do that?

Dime Ignatovski
    Participant

I appreciate you trying to help. The people I’ve spoke to at multitech have tried to help with this but always end up blaming on telecom or asking me to ask verizon to do something they can’t do.

Fernando Pastrana
    Participant

Darrik, no it will not allow me to download just email.

our setup is this. phone calls come in on PRI 1 and get forwared to PRI 2 when they are faxes which then goes through a phone block and then to fax server

we used to have calls come in on PRI 1, phone server would then route the faxes to analog lines that were then plugged into fax server.

i have just added two POTS lines (straight copper lines) to the fax server.

with all the scenarios above we still get at least a 50% error rate.

To support Dime’s statement, we have also plugged in a fax machine to one of the lines and the faxes come through with no problem at all.

At this point I don’t know what to do. Feels like I just got a big paper weight sitting in my rack. Is there another model I should be looking at or a even newer firmware out there? I am almost 100% sure the problem lies in the faxfinder just don’t know what to do.

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Fernando,

If you would log in to our Support Portal (support.multitech.com), then I will create a case on your behalf with this information. I think we’ll want some screen shots.

Fernando Pastrana
    Participant

Darrik, we have an open case with you guys. We haven’t been able to figure out what is going on. The last thing on our case was that we could send to you guys to check it out with a loaner. I was trying to reach out to the forum before we went that route to avoid having to do the whole shipping thing. What if we let you remote into one of our PCs then log into fax server and you can see stuff first hand?

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

What is the case number?

Fernando Pastrana
    Participant

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Fernando,

If you log in to our support portal, then I could add you to that case too, but right now your account hasn’t been created on the portal (same login as this site). If you don’t want to be added, then that is fine. We’re still working on the case.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.