Error: Nothing RProvides when trying to build a custom image

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG Error: Nothing RProvides when trying to build a custom image

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Markus Bentz
    Participant

Hello,

I have a odd problem trying to add my custom recipe to the corecdp-full-nojava-image

I duplicated the ocg-scripts recipe renamed it and added my own files. The recipe only copies 4 files to the final image exactly like the ocg-scripts recipe. I can “bitbake -b apnconf_1.0.bb” and I can also see it with “bitbake -s | grep apnconf“. Also “bitbake apnconf” successfuly creates an .ipk package which I can install on my modem.

But when I add “apnconf” to “corecdp-full-nojava-image” with IMAGE_INSTALL += “apnconf” I get the following result:

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
    ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES '"apnconf"' (but /home/ubuntu/workspace/corecdp-2.3.3/multitech/recipes/images/corecdp-full-nojava-image.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
    NOTE: Runtime target '"apnconf"' is unbuildable, removing...
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['"apnconf"']
    ERROR: Required build target 'corecdp-full-nojava-image' has no buildable providers.
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['corecdp-full-nojava-image', '"apnconf"']
    ERROR: Command execution failed: Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/ubuntu/workspace/corecdp-2.3.3/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 102, in runAsyncCommand
        commandmethod(self.cmds_async, self, options)
      File "/home/ubuntu/workspace/corecdp-2.3.3/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 200, in buildTargets
        command.cooker.buildTargets(pkgs_to_build, task)
      File "/home/ubuntu/workspace/corecdp-2.3.3/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 755, in buildTargets
        taskdata.add_unresolved(localdata, self.status)
      File "/home/ubuntu/workspace/corecdp-2.3.3/bitbake/lib/bb/taskdata.py", line 540, in add_unresolved
        self.remove_runtarget(self.getrun_id(target))
      File "/home/ubuntu/workspace/corecdp-2.3.3/bitbake/lib/bb/taskdata.py", line 517, in remove_runtarget
        self.fail_fnid(fnid, missing_list)
      File "/home/ubuntu/workspace/corecdp-2.3.3/bitbake/lib/bb/taskdata.py", line 471, in fail_fnid
        self.remove_buildtarget(target, missing_list)
      File "/home/ubuntu/workspace/corecdp-2.3.3/bitbake/lib/bb/taskdata.py", line 501, in remove_buildtarget
        raise bb.providers.NoProvider(target)
    NoProvider: corecdp-full-nojava-image

I’m not sure what the problem is especially because I can bitbake it to a working package. I just like to add it to an image. The recipe is located in the multitech/recipes bblayer.

Thanks
    Markus

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Not quite sure what the issue is. Can you post your apnconf_1.0.bb and your image recipe?

Thanks,
    Jesse

Markus Bentz
    Participant

Hi Jesse,

I found the problem. I tried to comment in the same line which doesn’t seem to be allowed:

I changed:
    IMAGE_INSTALL += "apnconf" # My Comment
    to
    #My Comment
    IMAGE_INSTALL += "apnconf"

I assumed something way more complicated.

Thanks
    Markus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.