Error executing "bitbake corecdp-base-image"

Home Forums General Error executing "bitbake corecdp-base-image"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nitin Mathur
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I am getting the following error while executing “bitbake corecdp-base-image”

Configuration: Using VM player to run Ubuntu 11.04

Logged in as User whose privileges are of an Administrator. This is not the “root” user.

I’ll appreciate any help on this..

$ bitbake corecdp-base-image

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/home/ematnit/Desktop/corecdp/corecdp-2.2.2/bitbake/bin/bitbake”, line 234, in <module>

ret = main()

File “/home/ematnit/Desktop/corecdp/corecdp-2.2.2/bitbake/bin/bitbake”, line 197, in main

server = ProcessServer(server_channel, event_queue, configuration)

File “/home/ematnit/Desktop/corecdp/corecdp-2.2.2/bitbake/lib/bb/server/process.py”, line 81, in __init__

self.cooker = BBCooker(configuration, self.register_idle_function)

File “/home/ematnit/Desktop/corecdp/corecdp-2.2.2/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py”, line 77, in __init__

self.parseConfigurationFiles(self.configuration.file)

File “vi”, line 543, in parseConfigurationFiles

bb.fetch.fetcher_init(self.configuration.data)

OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

Joseph Krajacic
    Participant

I am having the exact same issue to the letter. Can someone please share the solution to this issue.

Thanks, Joe

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

The most likely cause is not having full permissions to the directory where corecdp was extracted.

Recommendations:
    Login as a regular user (admin/root is not required)
    Extract corecdp somewhere in your home directory and build there

Hope that helps,
    Jesse

Tim Scott
    Participant

I similarly tried to get things to run using VirtualBox running an image of 11.04. For me, I couldn’t even get past the pre-requisites step… apt-get failed miserably due to certain packages no longer being available on the Ubuntu servers. I rolled things back to an image of 10.04 LTS and was able to finally get the necessary pre-reqs installed and bitbake to work.

That said, I’m now using buildroot instead of bitbake to create my kernel and file system images. If you’re interested, I created another thread in the “MultiConnect OCG” forum about that.

Cheers,
    –tim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.