error compiling php

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG error compiling php

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carlos Arilla
    Participant

I’m trying to compile php packet to enable SOAP classes but all I get are a lot of errors.

I have an installation of corecdp_1.1.1 and I’ve made the first image creation, but after that, I try to make “bitbake php” and get errors.

Anybody has compiled successfully the php with the directive “–enable-soap”?

Help please!

David Hearn
    Participant

Where does it stop for you? For me, the initial build creates a whole lot of other packages also (libpam, mysql, etc).

For me it stops while building mysql5-native. A call to do_abi_check fails, and the make stops due to some newer change in gcc. There’s some patches out there on mysql.com that I’m looking at.

Ruben Rodriguez
    Participant

Hello,

The trouble is related to the Linux distro you are using. I’ve found the same troubles that you are reporting on the Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 but on the 10.04 all seems to work fine.

I believe that Multitech is alredy working on a solution.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

This is confirmed — building on Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 is not currently supported but will hopefully work in the next CoreCDP release. Please use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS for now.

Jesse

Campbell Elder
    Participant

Fix for later revisions of Ubunto – Supplied by Ruben From Matrix

Modify the following file in order to solve the compilation problem:

corecdp-1.1.1/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/mysql5-native-5.1.40-r0/mysql-5.1.40/Makefile.am

In the do_abi_check section, remove all the code and write the following:

do_abi_check:

echo “Skipping do_abi_check”

The problem is related to the gcc version and the way that it manages the abi check.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.