Empty LoRa send Buffer

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Empty LoRa send Buffer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alexis Girard
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having trouble when I’m sending LoRa message from my gateway to an mDot module.
    Today the mDot is supposed to send a message to the Gateway and the gateway should return the same message.

My problem : When a packet sent by the gateway isn’t receive by the mDot it stay stuck somewhere. And when I’m receiving new packets with my mDot I’m receiving the old stuck packets instead of the one I just sent.

Is there some way to flush these old packets?
    Thanks for your help.

Alexis

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Alexis,

I am assuming you want to clear the queue for a particular node in the conduit.

You could use the MQTT node in node-red to send a “clear” topic message as mentioned below.

Clear queue – clear the downlink queue for a node
    lora/<DEV-EUI>/clear

The various MQTT messages supported are described in this URL.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/lora-network-server/mqtt-messages/

Thanks,
    Ajay

Alexis Girard
    Participant

Thanks! it seems to be what I needed!

But I’m not sure where I’m supposed to put this parameter, which node to use, and to which one I have to connect it.
    Or do I have to send a message on this topic from an mqtt server on my computer?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ajay K
    Participant

You should be able to use the MQTT o/p Node. Import the below node-red script into using the node-red menu option, Import->clipboard.

You should be able to look at the info tab how best to use the node. Currently I have set the msg topic to be “lora/<DEV-EUI>/clear” in the code below, however you will need to modify the EUI of the end node before running this node. I usually change the msg.topic property via a function node, based on which nodes needs to be cleared or if I need to publish downlink data.

[{"id":"6055ed4f.b43264","type":"mqtt-broker","broker":"localhost","port":"1883","clientid":""},{"id":"6ae772a3.88a52c","type":"mqtt out","name":"MQTT Clear Node","topic":"lora/<DEV-EUI>/clear","qos":"","retain":"","broker":"6055ed4f.b43264","x":174.28571319580078,"y":224.28572463989258,"z":"513a453e.d720dc","wires":[]}]

Thanks,
    Ajay

Alexis Girard
    Participant

Thanks a lot! I finally understand.

Now I have to fix the fact that these packets are missed by my mDot even if it tells me that it successfully received it.

But think I’ll do a new topic about that.

Thanks again
    Alexis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.