Downlink Packets Loss.

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Downlink Packets Loss.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

We are observing downlink packet loss when the connection is lost to the mqtt broker such as the one mentioned below, which was seen in the node-red log.

8 Jun 19:01:03 – [mqtt] [f10b2492.0ef4d8] connection lost to broker tcp://localhost:1883

I am trying to understand, the workflow for the lora-out node. So when a downlink packet is intended to be sent to a node via the lora-out node, I am guessing this is using the mqtt broker to queue the packet, so that the lorawan service picks it up to be transmitted eventually to the end node.

If this broker connection is lost as mentioned above, does the lora-out node have any retries or does it store it so it can be re-transmitted.

if this is the root cause for the downlink packet loss, how can we ensure that this packet is eventually transmitted. One of the things I have noticed in the node-red logs, is the broker connection gets severed several times during the day.

Any thoughts how best to ensure no loss of downlink packets or prevent the broker connection failures?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Any thoughts on this issue?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.