Deploy Warning: The workspace contains some unused configuration nodes

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Deploy Warning: The workspace contains some unused configuration nodes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RADU HORGA
    Participant

I got this error/warning twice since using the Conduit with NodeRed, . It says:

“The workspace contains some unused configuration nodes:
    mqqt-broker: broker.mqqt-dashboard.com:1883
    Are you shure you want to deploy?”

Even if I delete all nodes and all workspaces the warning still appears each time I press Deploy.

The first time I “solved” it reinstalling the firmware, but now, with the same error on one of our customer’s Conduit, we need to know what’s happening.

Thank you.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Open the dropdown in the top right corner. Hover over sidebars item and select configuration nodes.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Radu,

Configuration nodes are special “non-visible” nodes that are used to share configuration information to multiple nodes: “Some nodes need to share configuration. For example, the MQTT In and MQTT Out nodes share the configuration of the MQTT broker, allowing them to pool the connection.”

See http://nodered.org/docs/creating-nodes/config-nodes for more information.

When you delete the “visible node” in the workspace, the corresponding configuration nodes do not get deleted. To delete any extra configuration nodes you need to go to the menus in the upper right and go to Sidebar->Configuration Nodes. Once you click on that and it displays the “config” tab, you should be able to see the configuration nodes in the flow. From there you can select and delete the configuration node (double click on the node in the config list, and a pop-up screen will give you the option to delete the node).

Jeff

RADU HORGA
    Participant

Great,
    Thank you.

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Its just a warning and can be ignored, it doesn’t affect the running of Node-RED.

Removing them as previously described will get rid of them if you need to clean up.

Andrew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.