Conduit: AEP RedNode vs mLinux

Home Forums General Conduit: AEP RedNode vs mLinux

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joe Inesta
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m new on Multitech products and LoRa networks and I’m trying to figure out which model (AEP or mLinux) is better to our project:

We have to configurate about 10 to 15 mDot nodes that will send sensors data periodically to a Conduit gateway. After a little data processing and formatting, we need to call to a POST method. The answer of the POST will contain configuration parameters that we will forward to remote nodes.
    My question is:

Which one (AEP RedNode or mLinux) is better to us? Does RedNode allow low level data access and manipulation?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

daniel de kock
    Participant

node-red is able to get the LoRa message payload and send it via a POST method ( using the AEP model ).

you are also able to process the data inside nodered.

Joe Inesta
    Participant

Hi Daniel de Kock, thanks for your response.

Do you know if it is possible to change from AEP to mLinux mode? I mean, if I finally buy mLinux mode, does it possible to “upgrade” the firmware to AEP version?

Thanks in advance.

jose

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

It would be best to buy the AEP version.

mLinux can be installed on it later if you wish. It is much easier to move from AEP to mLinux and back than if you started with an mLinux setup and wanted AEP.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Joe,

The AEP and mLinux models are the same price (in the US anyway). As Jason mentioned it is much easier to move from AEP to mLinux (and even back to AEP) than in the other direction. Buy the AEP model and convert to mLinux if you need to.

Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.