Check-In Step and Lora-Packet-Forwarder Angel Process

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Check-In Step and Lora-Packet-Forwarder Angel Process

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Isram
    Participant

Hi,

Through all my research, I didn’t find what happened during a check-in (some process stop running during check-in ?, which log files are sent to deviceHQ when I asked them from deviceHQ ?). Also I saw an angel process on gateway that seems to be related to lora_pkt_fwd process. What is the purpose of this angel process ? It seems to handle lora_pkt_fwd process life, does it kills it during check-in ? What happen during a check-in ? Some documentations are available on Check-in ?

Regards,

Isram
    Participant

Hi,

Here i watched the lora_pkt_fwd PID and it seems that it is killed periodically, every 4h, more or less (i saw its PID change, every 4h). Is it normal ? The gateway has no connection issues, check-in occurs without any problems, it can send message through UDP port. So why is it killed ?

My lora_pkt_fwd version: 1.4.1,
    I can’t find error in /var/log/lora-pkt-fwd-1.log with the command grep ERROR, so i assume no error occurs in lora_pkt_fwd

Regards,

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The packet forwarder process may exit if the fields in a received packet are not within the expected range. This can happen occasionally and may be caused by the hardware getting in a bad state. This exit on error is the reason for the angel process that restarts the packet forwarder as a child process.

See packet processing starting on line 842
    https://github.com/Lora-net/packet_forwarder/blob/v1.4.1/basic_pkt_fwd/src/basic_pkt_fwd.c

Isram
    Participant

thank you for your answer, i’ll check that

Isram
    Participant

i’ve search all exit paterne in basic_pkt_fwd.c, and all of them are preceded by ERROR message. But i don’t see any error in my logs. I’ve made these commands:

– cat /var/log/lora-pkt-fwd-1.log | grep “ERROR”
    – zcat /var/log/lora-pkt-fwd-1.log.1.gz | grep “ERROR”

and no errors are found in these files

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.