CDP Without ping

Home Forums General CDP Without ping

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dear;

I have a problem because I do not know how but I have lost the answer to ping from my CDP. When I ping to my CDP ( ping 192.168.2.1) I do not have any response. But I can connect to my CDP via SSH, and I can do ping to my CDP from my CDP, and I can do ping to my PC (IP 192.168.2.2) from my CDP, I have good responses. My PC is no the problem, because I have tried ping with others equipments from my PC and I have good response. Before I do not have this problem. Can I do in order my CDP answers to command ping from my PC?. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Jose Benito Bravo Monge

IGN MADRID

SPAIN

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

I’m not sure why this would be. The CDP does not block ping requests by default. If you are able to SSH to the CDP then you don’t have a network connectivity problem. Is there a specific reason you need to ping the device? Do you have a dedicated network adapter in your PC with the IP address of 192.168.2.2? Or are you changing the IP address on your adapter when you connect to the CDP? Is it possible that your firewall settings on your PC are changing when you reconfigure the network adapter? Just thinking of possibilities…

Another thing to try to make sure it isn’t related to your PC (though I know you said you can ping other devices from your PC), would be to put your CDP on your LAN and try to ping to/from other devices/PCs on your LAN.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.