Can mLinux be installed on an AEP Model (and vice-versa)?

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Can mLinux be installed on an AEP Model (and vice-versa)?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Frank A
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently considering purchasing the mLinux model of the MultiTech Conduit.

My question is the following: if I buy the mLinux model, can I later decide to use it as an AEP model? In other words, can the firmware be modified? Is there something about the hardware that makes the two models different?

Thank you for your time and support.

Frank

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Buy the AEP model.
    It is a configuration difference. AEP is configured to connect to DeviceHQ, mLinux is not.

Both firmwares work on both models.

AEP -> mLinux is easier.

When using mLinux the DeviceHQ features are not available, but if you go back to AEP they will be.

Frank A
    Participant

Jason,

Thank you for the quick response!

I guess I’ll do as you suggest and go for the AEP model then. I think that it will be nice to be able to try both (i.e. AEP and mLinux).

Thanks again for your time and support. It is very much appreciated. A+

Frank

Marco Teran
    Participant

Hello Jason Reiss,

I’m working with the the MTCDT-H5-210A (AEP model) and I needed to send data to MS Azure. The npm command didn’t work in the default firmware version.
    By mistake, I installed the latest “mLinux” firmware version in my AEP model (mLinux 3.3.7 mtcdt), and then of course, all the funcionalities dissapired (web localhost and etc.). I understand why and I have problems now.
    How can I restore to the original AEP model firmware?
    I tried to reset to factory settings but this solution didn’t work, the mLinux version stayed anyway.
    Please, help me with that!

Thank you for your time!

Marco Teran

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Extract the upgrade.bin file from the AEP tar.gz file on downloads page.

Copy to Conduit and use instead of uImage and rootfs files.

Copy file to this location
    /var/volatile/flash-upgrade/upgrade.bin

Follow mLinux flash on boot instructions.
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/using-mlinux/flashing-mlinux-firmware-for-conduit/

John Greene
    Participant

Jason,

I don’t see any AEP tar.gz files on the downloads page. Only zip files. The AEP 1.4.3 zip file contains “AEP-1.4.3_upgrade.bin”. Presuming that is the file to copy to /var/volatile/flash-upgrade, I don’t follow what you mean by “use instead of uImage and rootfs files.”

Ronan
    Participant

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem : I installed mlinux 3.2.0 on the gateway but now, no way to connect it with the web localhost.

I tried to install the AEP-1.4.3_upgrade as Jason explained it. I put the conduit_AEP-1.4.3_upgrade file in the the directory /var/volatile/flash-upgrade created.

Then, I added do_flash_upgrade in the /var/volatile/ directory and I rebooted.
    The gateway restarted but nothing happened. Always no way to get access to the gateway with localhost.

How can I have this feature again ?

Thank you for your help

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Please open a ticket at support.multitech.com for further assistance.

Milan Lukic
    Participant

Hi guys! Has anyone managed to switch back to AEP from mlinux yet?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.