API Extended ASCII not send sms

Home Forums iSMS API Extended ASCII not send sms

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian Nørgaard
    Participant

Hi

I have make some code to the iSMS 100, and want to send SMS with Extended ASCII, because i need special charater (ø).

If i send normal it’s ok:

http://172.16.1.58:89/sendmsg?user=admin&passwd=admin&cat=1&enc=0&to=”xxxxxxxx”&text=test

But when i change “enc=1” no SMS is send.

Any idee

/Brian

Bryon Davis

Hi Brian,

In my testing I’ve notice that not all providers accept GSM encoding, which is used by the iSMS Extended ASCII. I mostly see this when sending outside my SIM’s provider.

Check the Outbox and see if the message shows up there. You can also check Statistics & Logs–>Log Traces–>Send API Status Log and SMS Live Log. These should show whether the sms was sent.

Also check in the inbox for a message stating the sms was rejected for invalid characters.

ASCII is more widely accepted when sending between providers, which uses PCCP437. Unicode is also another option.

If this doesn’t appear to be the case for your failure, I recommend creating a case in our support portal at support.multitech.com.

Regards,

Bryon

Kenneth Karlsson
    Participant

Hi there

Facing similar problem.

Need danish chars, when i enable EXTENDED ASCII, my phone says “message format not supported”. I then click it off, and from the web-interface i can send with ÅÆ but not Ø.

Also, when i try sending with TCP API, i can not send the danish chars.

The enc=x paramateres seems not to work ?!

Hope to find a solution, the box is nice, but as it is right now, it is no good here in DK !

Kenneth

Bryon Davis

Hi Kenneth,

We are still looking into this problem.

For now I would suggest try using Unicode to send messages with special characters.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Bryon

Kenneth Karlsson
    Participant

Hi Bryon

Do i miss some settings on my box ? i only seem to be able to select ISO-8859-1 setting. And when selected we get “unsupported format” on our phones.

I tried today with this:

http://192.168.1.211:81/sendmsg?user=admin&passwd=admin&cat=1&to=20180885&text=This%20is%20a%20test%20message%C6%D8%C5%E5%E6%F8.

The %C6%D8%C5%E5%E6%F8 part should give danish chars, bu no luck !

Kenneth

Bryon Davis

Hi Brian,

As mentioned previously, there is sometimes problems sending Extended ASCII between different providers. We are looking into this. It appears many providers won’t accept Extended ASCII (8 bit GSM) from outside of their network.

You can try Unicode and see if that helps.

Regards,

Bryon

Bryon Davis

Hi Keneth,

The ISO-8859-1 option in “SMS Settings” makes to default encoding Extended ASCII, which has problems as described above. Many providers don’t accept Extended ASCII (8bit GSM) from outside of their network.

We are looking into this problem, you could try Unicode in the mean time and see if that helps.

Regards,

Bryon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.