AEP 1.2.2 – DHCP client problem

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model AEP 1.2.2 – DHCP client problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mariusz Ryndzionek
    Participant

Hello,

I tried to enable DHCP client mode, but it didn’t work. After some analysis it turned out that the routing was set improperly. After some more in-depth analysis I located the problem. There is a typo in the udhcpc script. Is there a bugtracker, or should I post the fix in this topic?

Best regards,
    Mariusz

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Mariusz,

You can file a support portal case at support.multitech.com. You can share your fix here if you want to.

Jeff

Mariusz Ryndzionek
    Participant

Okay, here it is:
    script: /etc/udhcpc.d/lanup
    function: make_subnet
    line: let sn4=”$ip1&$nm4″
    should be: let sn4=”$ip4&$nm4″

Best regards,
    Mariusz

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Mariusz,

Thank you for that. I think you are correct that it’s a typo, but for our verification purposes, can you post specific steps and environments required to reproduce this? This is the first time anyone has discovered this as far as we know. I’m currently unable to reproduce it.

-Brandon

Mariusz Ryndzionek
    Participant

Hello,

The steps are following:
    1. Set eth0 as LAN and DHCP client. The situation should occur for most of the ip addresses in the pool. Just make sure anding last mask octet with first ip address octet gives different result than last ip address octet. In other words use mask such as 255.255.255.240.
    2. Reboot
    3. After reboot the device is not accessible by Ethernet
    4. If you login using serial port you can verify using ‘route -n’ that the eth0 routing is wrong. You can also see ‘RTNETLINK answers: No such process’ in logs

Also if you confirm this, the same code is in /etc/init.d/lanup

Best regards,
    Mariusz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.