Adding to standard AEP Distro

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Adding to standard AEP Distro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    catherine newman
    Participant

We have a AEP conduit that I would like to use RSYNC in a crontab to sync files with our remote server. Typically I would use ssh, rsync, sudo, contab -e, apt-get, etc but those don’t seem to be available to me. Any advice on how I might accomplish rsync or something similar? Thanks in advance.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Catherine,

The ssh utility and rsync are available on the AEP Conduit (at least on the more recent versions). As for sudo, that currently isn’t necessary since the admin user is the same as root on the Conduit. The crontab utility is available so you should be able to run “crontab -e” commands on the Conduit. As for apt-get, the closest thing that Conduit has is opkg which still requires you to upload the package onto the Conduit before it will install it.

The one catch with editing crontab entries is that they will get overwritten on a firmware upgrade. Are you trying to update software packages of some kind on the AEP Conduit?

Jeff

catherine newman
    Participant

m

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by catherine newman. Reason: Figured it out. Thanks Again, Jeff
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.