Access to admin interface by remote browser.

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Access to admin interface by remote browser.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Antonio Affinito
    Participant

Hi all,
    my Conduit AEP model (MTCDT-H5-210A) is connected by Cellular (PPP) and everything works fine.
    Now it is born the need to access to its admin interface from a remote computer by a standard web browser.

I have already enabled all “Via WAN” options of Access Configuration page in the Administration setting.
    PPP Link is up and the gateway has access to web (my own Node-RED app has a good communication with remote webserices).
    To know gateway’s IP address (WAN side), my Node-RED app is deployed with a get http-request for checkip.dyndns.org, in order to send its IP by sms, so I know if it’s changed.

What else do I need to obtain my intent?
    Thanks so much.

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Antonio,

You also need to have a public IP address from your PPP provider. If you can’t ping the Conduit’s PPP IP address from your computer command line, then it almost certainly has a private IP address which is hidden behind your cellular provider’s firewall. Generally it costs more to have a public IP address for your SIM.

-Brandon

Antonio Affinito
    Participant

OK Brandon, thank you very much.
    I confirm your thesis… indeed I can’t ping the Conduit’s public IP address from any pc. Deepening this issue I’ve also verified that the assigned public ip (checked with checkip.dyndns.org) is 151.x.x.x and it’s totally different to ip address 10.x.x.x shown in Conduit’s admin interface (Network Interface Configuration – ppp0).

Do you think there is a way to obviate this issue?
    Could I tunnel this IP subnetwork using techniques like VPN or others?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.