Creating a PPP Connection
For more information, go to ppp-peers.
- Verify your wireless account is activated with a data plan. If using a GSM radio like MTPCIE-H5-BW, install
the SIM card.
- If using a GSM radio, edit /etc/ppp/peers/gsm_chat file and change the APN to match up with the SIM card.
- Connect the cellular antenna to the MTPCIE device.
- In the MT100EOCG for MTPCIE-H5 devices, enter: pppd call gsm
- After 10 seconds, enter ip a in the MT100EOCG to verify the PPP link is up and an IP address obtained.