The MultiConnect® mDot™ is a LoRaWAN™ ready, Low-Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) module for 868 MHz SRD and 915 MHz ISM bands. It is capable of 2-way single-duplex communication across distances of up to 5 miles/8 km line of sight, deep into buildings, or within noisy environments*. It supports ARM® Cortex®-M4 processor, complete with mbed libraries for intelligence and remote device monitoring. By using LoRa™ technology, mDot simplifies deployment and local connectivity for Internet of Things (IoT) applications in North America and Europe. The mDot is FCC/IC/CE certified.
mDots ship from the factory pre-loaded with custom firmware, which provides a serial AT command interface for configuring and using the mDot. During development, use the firmware to test LoRa transmissions and, during production, use these AT commands when controlling an mDot with a separate host processor.
- To download the latest version and flash in pre-compiled firmware, go to Flashing mDot Firmware.
- For more information, see AT Command Getting Started Guide.
Additionally, our LoRa API allows you use mbed to develop custom applications. With the LoRa API, you don’t need a separate host processor.
- The MultiTech mDot mbed platform page has links to the LoRa API (libmDot).
- For a sample program showing how to configure and use the LoRa API, go to mDot LoRa Connect Example
- To flash custom firmware into the mDot, see the relevant steps in Flashing mDot Firmware.
- mDot Quick Start (with MTUDK2-ST-MDOT Developer Board)
- mDot with Micro Developer Kit Quick Start
- mDot Developer Guide
- DOT Series AT Command Reference Guide
- Building mDot Applications from the Command Line Using the mbed SDK
- Debugging mDot Applications from the Command Line Using OpenOCD and GDB