xDOT – waking from sleep

Home Forums mDot/xDot xDOT – waking from sleep

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I have an xDOT connected to my microcontroller via a serial port and am using the AT commands to control the xDOT. I am able to join the network and send packets of data. My question / problem comes when I put the module to sleep at the end of a transmission … I cannot get the module to wake back up when it is time for the next data to be sent. I am using a port line from my microcontroller to pulse the WAKE pin (transitions low to high, stays high for 1ms and goes back low). After pulsing this line I try sending AT commands to the module and I never get a response back.

I have setup the module as follows:
    AT+WD=5000 … Set the Wake Delay to 5000ms
    AT+WTO=5000 … Set the Wake Timeout to 5000ms
    AT+WM=1 … Wake Mode = Wake on Interrupt
    AT+WP=6 … Wake Pin = WAKE (6)

I have verified these settings using the AT&V command. With these setting in place I send my data and then issue a AT+SLEEP=1 command. After some time I pulse the WAKE pin and send AT+RSSI command and get no response (I have tried other commands and received no response from them either).

Am I missing a setting or does anyone have any other suggestions on what I’m missing?

Thanks for the help,
    mark

Hi Mark,

Make sure the wake pin is low then provide a rising edge to wake it. See errata section 2.1.12:
    https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/errata_sheet/a0/5e/99/68/b3/e2/41/57/DM00106202.pdf/files/DM00106202.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00106202.pdf

Kind regards,
    Leon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.