Resetting Conduit

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Resetting Conduit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

On page Resetting the Device the description says:
    Use the pin to quickly press and release the RESET button. The device reboots. (Pressing the button for longer than 5 seconds will restore the device to factory defaults.)

However, if I quickly press and release the RESET, nothing seems to happen – the status light continues to flicker and no apparent reset occurs.

I tried the “longer than 5 seconds” reset and again nothing happens…or so it seems. At least 10 seconds after I released the reset button, the unit appears to restart. Is this to be expected?

Are there (or can someone offer) better /more complete instructions?

-Mike

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Michael,

On the quick press, the status LED will keep blinking normally for a little bit while the unit resets. Once it resets and starts rebooting the status light will stay solid while the device boots. At a certain point as the device boots up the status LED will start blinking again.

When you attempt to reset the device with a quick press, if you have connected to the debug console with a USB cable, you should be able to tell if the device is rebooting in the console.

The same for the 5 second press.

When you held the button for at least 10 seconds, and it rebooted, was the configuration reset to defaults. It is expected that pressing for longer than 5 seconds will cause the device to reboot and reset it’s configuration to factory defaults.

That is basically it.

Jeff

Michael
    Participant

Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification.

Might I suggest the page I referenced be made more complete by including your description?

b/r
    Mike

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Done 🙂

wkhatch@unimar.com
    Participant

The link included by the OP is 404. Is there any documentation about means of resetting? I haven’t found anything beyond the quick info in the product Hardware Guide pdf.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.