openvpn rcell 100

Home Forums General openvpn rcell 100

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ernesto
    Participant

Hi,

I’m working with rcell 100 for first time, I configured openvpn client, from the log I see

“mtrv1 openvpn[4023]: Initialization Sequence Completed”
    but in statistic the status is down. I’m confused, after all is up or down?

From the rcell I can ping the vpnserver, but from vpnserver I can’t ping or ssh to rcell.
    What I’m missing?
    The rcell it’s configured with eth0 as wan.

Thanks

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Ernesto,

I recommend that you create a Multitech Support Portal case at https://support.multitech.com where they can help you figure this out.

Jeff

ernesto
    Participant

It worked after I add this rule

iptables -A INPUT -i tuntunclient -p tcp -m tcp -j ACCEPT

I created script to add this every the router reboots.

How can add this rule through firewall in the webpage?
    I supose is in the inbound rule, but I do not know the configurations.

Can somebody give me the equivalent configuration of above rule?

Is this VPN for free you are talking about? I’m interested in this one. Please give me some more details. Thank you!

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Ernesto,

Are you using a custom configuration or are you using the configuration generated by configuring the VPN through the UI? If you are using the UI, and have mPower 5.2.1 on the device, there is a feature to specify the tunnel the rule is intended for in the Firewall Web UI.

Jeff

ernesto
    Participant

Hello Jeff,

I’m using the custom configuration, the configuration is generated by open vpnserver. I simply copy all and paste in the custom configuration field.
    It was needed the file with user and password for authentication, I copy to router with WinSCP.
    When I configure rules in WebUI, the rules is going to User Input and User Forward chain and that didn’t work, I don’t know why.
    After some time I configured via commandline the following rules and worked.
    After that, I created script to restore these rules every time it reboots.

iptables -A TUNNELING -p tcp -m tcp -i tun+ -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A TUNNELING -p tcp -m tcp -o tun+ -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A TUNNELING -p icmp -j ACCEPT

iptables -A OUTPUT -o br0 -p tcp -m tcp -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -i br0 -p tcp -m tcp -j ACCEPT

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun+ -j MASQUERADE

iptables -A TUNNEL_FORWARD -d 192.168.0.0/24 -i tun+ -p tcp -m tcp -j ACCEPT
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i tun+ -p tcp -m tcp –dport 5000 -j DNAT –to-destination 192.168.0.2:5000
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i tun+ -p tcp -m tcp –dport 6080 -j DNAT –to-destination 192.168.0.2:6080
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i tun+ -p tcp -m tcp –dport 5520 -j DNAT –to-destination 192.168.0.2:5520

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.