Not sure what the issue here is with the time function or some log issue?

Home Forums mDot/xDot Not sure what the issue here is with the time function or some log issue?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

I am seeing a bizarre issue when compiling our firmware with mDot library 4.0.0 and mbed os 6.1.0. when this piece of code below runs on the mDot I get different results for the time being stored in these local and instance variables. The m_tSuccessfulPktTranmitTimeInSeconds is a class instance variable of type time_t. I can’t reproduce this issue in the prior versions of the mdot library or mbed os i.e. pre 6.0.0.

time(&m_tSuccessfulPktTranmitTimeInSeconds);
    time_t currentTime = time(NULL);

logDebug("Transmission Time: %u seconds, Current Time: %u Seconds!!", m_tSuccessfulPktTranmitTimeInSeconds, currentTime);

Here is what is printed out:

Transmission Time: 536872128 seconds, Current Time: 1451606717 Seconds

The variable m_tSuccessfulPktTranmitTimeInSeconds stays stuck at this value 536872128 or it seems so in the logs. Any thoughts or is this some kind of bizarre logging issue?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Do you get the same results if you use one logDebug per variable?
    I have seen issues in the past when too many variables are provided to the print format statements. It seemed to be more prevalent when printing large numbers.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

printf(“time: %” PRId64 “\r\n”, time(NULL));

Ajay K
    Participant

I did try printing them separately and the same result as described earlier. However is the length of the variable name a factor here? I have practically written a sentence for my variable name :).

Thanks,
    Ajay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.