Linker error when building mDot application using mbed-cli

Home Forums mDot/xDot Linker error when building mDot application using mbed-cli

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

The mDot application builds fine in the online compiler, however I don’t believe I can generate a release build in the online compiler. So i published my application that is private and imported the application using mbed-cli and ran the following compilation command.

mbed compile -m MTS_MDOT_F411RE -t GCC_ARM -c –profile mbed-os/tools/profiles/release.json

I am getting linker error when attempting to build the mDot application firmware using mbed-cli. I am using libmdot 3.0 production library, mbed-os 5.4.7. Below is part of the linker error I get:

Link: mTestRadioNode
    ./BUILD/MTS_MDOT_F411RE/GCC_ARM/mTestLib/Common/TestLora.o: In function `mDotEvent::PacketRx(unsigned char, unsigned char*, unsigned short, short, signed char, lora::DownlinkControl, unsigned char, unsigned char)’:
    TestLora.cpp:(.text._ZN9mDotEvent8PacketRxEhPhtsaN4lora15DownlinkControlEhh[_ZN9mDotEvent8PacketRxEhPhtsaN4lora15DownlinkControlEhh]+0x62): undefined reference to `mts::Text::bin2hexString[abi:cxx11](unsigned char const*, unsigned long, char const*, bool, bool)’
    ./BUILD/MTS_MDOT_F411RE/GCC_ARM/mTestLib/Common/TestLora.o: In function `Test::TestLora::ResetLoraSettings()’:
    TestLora.cpp:(.text._ZN5Test9TestLora17ResetLoraSettingsEv+0x9c): undefined reference to `mDot::getReturnCodeString[abi:cxx11](long const&)’
    TestLora.cpp:(.text._ZN5Test9TestLora17ResetLoraSettingsEv+0xe0): undefined reference to `mDot::getReturnCodeString[abi:cxx11](long const&)’

I am guessing this is because the libmDot-mbed5 is not getting built. Do i have to anything specific to include this part of the build process when building it offline?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Any thoughts on why the linker errors occur. Most of the other platforms I don’t have to do anything extra to get it to build in mbed-cli. I imported the application after I published it in private mode and running the compile command results in linker error.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Can you share an example project via github demonstrating the issue?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.