Dot-Examples Problems with dev Library

Home Forums mDot/xDot Dot-Examples Problems with dev Library

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Matt Brown
    Participant

Hi,

I appreciate it is the dev library and you may already know this but if you don’t my comments may help.

I built the OTA_EXAMPLE Dot-Examples with libxDot-dev-mbed5 and mbed-os-5.7.

It ran but the RTC wake-up doesn’t appear to be working. It says “sleeping 10s” or similar but doesn’t wake-up.

It is still running because pressing the button causes it to transmit.

It doesn’t make much difference to me at the moment, I can use libxDot-mbed5.

HTH,
    Matt

Ryan Klaassen
    Blocked

Are you using sleep or deepsleep? When you say “doesn’t appear to be working” does that mean nothing is printing out on the debug port? Are you using sleep_wake_rtc_or_interrupt(deep_sleep);?

Matt Brown
    Participant

static bool deep_sleep = false;

It says “sleeping 10s” but then nothing happens even if I wait much longer than 10 s; no debug messages and no activity on TTN.

If I press the button it transmits so the interrupt is working.

sleep_wake_rtc_or_interrupt(deep_sleep); yes.

I switched to the stable library (and mbed 5.4 and gcc 4.9) and it worked as I think you would expect, i.e. transmitted every 10 s.

Matt

Ryan Klaassen
    Blocked

I cannot reproduce this issue currently. I used the dev-lib, mbed-os-5.7.7 and gcc 6. Is there something else that you are doing differently than this?

Matt Brown
    Participant

I think that’s what I was doing but it seems something must be different!

If/when I switch back to looking at the Dot-Examples I check what I was doing and let you know more details if it is still happening.

Pierre-Marie Ancele
    Participant

Exactly the same issue with mbed-os-5.7.7 and gcc 7.2.1 !
    Keep us updated 😉

Ryan Klaassen
    Blocked

GCC 7.2.1 is not currently supported by mbed. It recommended to use GCC 6 with mbed-os-5.7.7. Have you tried GCC 6?

Pierre-Marie Ancele
    Participant

I just tried and it worked now. That was the issue, thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.