Centos: Dragging files to the Multitech Folder on the mDot

Home Forums mDot/xDot Centos: Dragging files to the Multitech Folder on the mDot

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

I’m running Centos. Using an mDot on a UDK board.

After compiling an mDot program using the online tools, I can drag the .bin and drop into the Multitech “drive”. It copies fine, the mDot fires up and I’m on my way.

I can change some code, re-compile and, again, drag the new file over OK. The Multitech “drive” appears to have two .bin files in it now but somehow the new one runs. OK… I guess.

If I try a third time, there’s no room for the file for the drag and drop. I see an error message:

“There is not enough space on the destination. Try to remove files to make space.”

If I click either .bin file and try to delete it, I’m told I cannot.

If I use the file explorer to look at another folder / drive and come back to “Multitech” suddenly there are NO .bin files visible. Both are gone now. Yet, I still cannot copy any files in because of the space issue.

Also, if I power down the mDot, and restart it the file explorer shows no .bin file in it even though it has one (the mDot runs after all!). But at least at this point I can load a new .bin. However I have to re-establish my USB terminal window if I want to see any debug output.

What can be done to make this less frustrating?
    Is this a Centos-ism, or what?

Thanks!

edit: I recall http://www.multitech.net/developer/forums/topic/mdots-flash-memory-is-erased-every-power-down/

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Michael.
    Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The bin file will disappear in normal operations. The USB drive is a staging ground to flash the processor on the mDot, it is not the mDot flash memory.

The problem is the USB driver in linux thinking the memory is full.

I use the eject command in Debian to reset the USB driver without unplugging the device:

> eject /dev/sdd; sleep 1; eject -t /dev/sdd

Use df to find which drive to use:

> df
    /dev/sdd       528        16       512   4% /media/MULTITECH

Michael
    Participant

>>The USB drive is a staging ground to flash the processor on the mDot, it is not the mDot flash memory.

Ah, important distinction.

I’ll see if your incantation (or some variant) solves this issue for me.

Thanks!

Michael
    Participant

Unfortunately seems I don’t have permission on this machine
    ( thought I was a sudoer but I guess not )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.