xDot inrush current

Home Forums mDot/xDot xDot inrush current

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chad Goyette
    Participant

I am trying to understand the expected inrush current of the xDot while transmitting at full power (worst case). In looking through the developers guide it list inrush charge in mC and a time duration. I am not sure how to work with that specification.
    My board is currently using a 50mA regulator to power the xDot (nothing else is connected) and it seems to be dropping out (xDot resets) while trying to connect to my lora network. If i bypass the regulator with a test power supply i have no issues.
    Is there a recommended minimum regulator size that should be considered to power the xDot before factoring in other loads?

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

The developer guide reports a worst case inrush charge of 0.132mC over 153us – you can simply divide that to get a mean inrush current of ~0.86A. You will definitely need a larger regulator. The xDot developer board uses a SPX3819 LDO voltage regulator rated at 500mA nominal and transients up to 950mA. You can see the supply circuit on page 49 of the developer guide.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.