xDot Automatically Ejects After Bin File Upload

Home Forums mDot/xDot xDot Automatically Ejects After Bin File Upload

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shaheen Parvizi
    Participant

Every time I try to upload an xdot binary file from mbed, the xdot ejects itself and my program does not work, why is this happening? I do not have this issue with the mdot.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Shaheen,

The xDot drive should automatically remount after it’s finished flashing the new firmware onto the target processor.

Is there a “fail.txt” file in the drive after it remounts?

What application are you trying to run? What versions of mbed-os and the Dot Library are you using?

What OS & version is your PC running? Is your xDot on a DK or a custom board?

Can you run mbed-ls with you xDot plugged in and post the result?

Cheers,
    Mike

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Mike Fiore.

We have the same issue.

There is a “fail.txt” file in the drive, it says “The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU”.

The application we are running is a simple temperature test program. The mbed-os we are using is https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-os/. Sorry, I’m new to mbed and don’t know how to see the Dot library.

My OS is macOS version Monterey 12.0.1. We are using xDot Developer kit.

Here is our mbedls output:
    | platform_name | platform_name_unique | mount_point | serial_port | target_id | interface_version |
    |—————|———————-|—————|————————-|————————————————–|——————-|
    | XDOT_L151CC | XDOT_L151CC[0] | /Volumes/XDOT | /dev/tty.usbmodem143202 | 0350000053274e45003c800ef7c3002cd811000097969900 | 0241 |

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.