xDot 2.0.16 – No enabled channel

Home Forums mDot/xDot xDot 2.0.16 – No enabled channel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

Has “No enabled channel” this replaced the old error msg “No free channel”?
    And why isn’t this covered in the AT cmd reference Doc?

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Lawrence,

I apologize for the confusion. You are correct that the “No free channel” message has been replaced by “No enabled channel”.

I will see about getting the wording in our AT command reference doc updated.

Cheers,

Mike

Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

Mike, thanks but this leaves me and others I bet now needing to update firmeware on devices in the field as I check for No Free channel and wait for next Free Chn. Also NFC has been replaced “Join Backoff” on AT+JOIN.

What can’t old messages be kept and enabled/disabled for API backwards compatibility? And why doesn’t the change log mention these changes?

Disappointed by the lack of coms on these changes!

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Lawrence,

We got a lot of feedback that indicated the “No free channel” message was ambiguous and confusing, so we attempted to make it more descriptive.

The join backoff is a feature that got added per the LoRaWan spec.

We will try to better communicate these kinds of changes via the changelog in the future.

Cheers,

Mike

Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

Mike, thanks but I find “No enabled channel” more ambiguous and confusing as It implies that it’s been Disabled!

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Lawrence,

I apologize again for the confusion. That’s actually what is happening. The library is disabling the channel, according to the duty cycle restrictions in that frequency band, until its time off air has expired and it is able to be used again.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.