Connecting To Conduit Via Wireless Router

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Connecting To Conduit Via Wireless Router

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James Coleman
    Participant

Hello,

I connected my Conduit to my Linksys WRT610N network router.
    I changed my Conduit gateway address to 192.168.1.1 which is the IP address of my Linksys WRT610N network router.

From my PC which is connected to the my network via a wireless connection I ping 8.8.8.8 and receive a reply back from the Conduit.

I then ping the IP address of the Conduit 192.168.2.1 and I do not receive a reply back. Should I be receiving a reply back via the Conduit IP address?

Also, how can I connect to the Conduit via ssh now that the Conduit is connected to my network router? I was connected to the Conduit via my PC prior to making this change.

Thanks,

James

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

James,

If you ping 8.8.8.8 from your PC, then you are getting a response from Google (8.8.8.8 is a Google DNS server).

If your router has an IP address of 192.168.1.1 and the Conduit is 192.168.2.1, then they are on different subnets and can’t communicate with each other unless the netmasks are set properly.

I suggest changing the Conduit IP address to something like 192.168.1.50 which will probably allow you to ping it from your PC (and use ssh).

You can use the serial debug port behind the front panel to gain access to the linux console without using ssh. Instructions are on this page.

-Brandon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.