Yocto Version

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Yocto Version

Tagged: ,

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Florian
    Participant

Hello,

is there any plan to upgrade the Yocto Version?

BR
    Florian

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Florian,

We are actively working on upgrading the Yocto version. The current target is Krogoth (2.1). Hopefully this will be available in Q2.

Jeff

Joshua van Tol
    Participant

Is there an update on when this might happen? It’s pretty much Q2 of 2017 now.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Joshua,

This release will be entering testing in the next few weeks. There will probably be at least six weeks of testing time. That probably puts it at the end of July at the very earliest.

Jeff

Florian
    Participant

any updates?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Florian,

Unfortunately other priorities delayed this release. It should be getting released in early Q1.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jeff

martin naughton
    Participant

Any update on the delivery? I am looking for the latest version which has the latest python that support TLSv2. You can only use TLSv2 with AWS IOT. Cant use the conduit with AWS IOT at the moment because the python version is older.

thanks

martin naughton
    Participant

I can see that mlinux 4 will be yocto version 2.1 (Krogoth).
    I can not see any updates on the git repo with the new version 4.
    http://git.multitech.net/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/mlinux.git/

Is it being held up?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Martin,

The mLinux 4 release is getting complicated for reasons that I can’t go into right now. It is based on Yocto 2.2 (Morty). Please file a support portal case at https://support.multitech.com if you are doing development that is targeted for mLinux 4. You should be able to get toolchain support for mLinux 4 at the least.

Jeff

martin naughton
    Participant

Hey Jeff,
    Thanks, i will raise a case for it. is the mlinux 4 updates available on the internet? The master branch here has not been updated since 2017-03-31. Are you committing to master branch or are you using 3.3.15 as a base for mlinux 4.

http://git.multitech.net/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/mlinux.git/

I can see that the tool chain is available up to 3.1.13. If mlinux 4 is not going to be released for a while is there an advantage to developing using the mlinux 4 toolchain? it will not work on mlinux 3.3.13.
    http://www.multitech.net/mlinux/sdk/

thanks

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Martin,

The mLinux 4 toolchain should help you avoid compatibility issues with libraries and other things. The compiler made a significant jump between the 3.x line and 4. So, if you are doing mLinux 4 based work, using that toolchain is highly recommended. Use the corresponding 3.x toolchain for any 3.x based development.

As for the mLinux 4.x release and toolchain, there will be a 4.x toolchain available soon, hopefully within the next month. It will correspond to AEP 1.5.1 that is based off of mLinux 4 and which will be available upon request in the Multitech Support Portal.

Jeff

Florian
    Participant

anything new about the release date of 4.x toolchain ?

Florian
    Participant

when will you update your build system to krogoth?

John Klug

The still unreleased mLinux 4 is based on Morty currently.

Florian
    Participant

thats nice to hear, can u give any forecast when u will release mLinux 4?
    is there any beta tester programm?

Florian
    Participant

Hello John,

never ending story… any updates on mlinux4?

John Klug

mLinux 4 is almost through test. If nothing comes up it should be out this month.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.