multitech keeps resetting default ip address

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model multitech keeps resetting default ip address

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jessica perez
    Participant

I have a MTCDTIP IP67 multitech gateway, I have had this gateway for about 4 months and until recently, the ip address reverted back to its default, not sure how since i rarely log into the gateway page or mess around with gateway. Anyways, it set me back to the new user setup, from there I changed the ip address to static, and made sure its ip address is within the range of my network. Once I changed it, I was able to log in back to the conduit page with the newly assigned ip address. 10 minutes later, I couldn’t log back in again, I tried pinging it, and checking my lease table on my router and its no longer there. Not sure why or how, but seems like the conduit keeps resetting itself back to its default settings. This has never happened to me before, so I would appreciate it if anyone can help, or if they have had a similar issue to this.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Jessica

Do you know the firmware version? In MTCDT AEP firmware 1.7.3, it was identified that when the Ethernet cable was unplugged and plugged back in, the IP address would revert to the factory default setting (192.168.2.1) instead of the customer-defined IP address. This issue has been corrected
    in firmware version 1.7.4
    You could factory default the device and upgrade firmware to 1.7.4

-Best Regards

jessica perez
    Participant

Oh ok that explains. I will be updating my firmware to 1.7.4. Thank you.

jessica perez
    Participant

Hi again, so i flashed the latest firmware to my conduit and it is still resetting back to its default settings.

These are the steps I did, after flashing to latest firmware, I went ahead and changed its ip address to a custom one. I was able to successfully log in back into the conduit with the custom ip address. Then I went to lora settings to change it to be packet forwarder mode.After doing so, i got a message saying they recommend to restart lora service which I did, as well as save and restart which I did as well. I noticed it was taking a while to respond, so eventually, the page refreshed itself with the message the site cannot be reached. As I suspected, gateway reset itself again.

So I decided to reflash firmware just in case, repeated the following steps above and again, gateway cant be reached anymore.

Any other thoughts as to why this could be happening would be appreciated. Thank you.

Steve Kovarik

Hi Jessica

I can’t explain that. This may be more of a technical support issue.
    Would you consider opening a support portal case on the device behavior.
    https://support.multitech.com/support/login.html

jessica perez
    Participant

Yes, I will go on ahead and open an issue for the device behavior. Thank you.

Balint
    Participant

Jessica hi,

would you mind please share what have happened since?

It seems at least one of our gateways struggle with the very same problem. And well, it is extremely frustrating.

Many thanks,

Bal

jessica perez
    Participant

Hello Balint,
    Not sure if you are still experiencing problems but the issue turned out that our gateway was not properly sealed, so water made its way in the gateway hardware unfortunately.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.