Multiple gateway on diffrent LANs

Home Forums Lora Network Server Multiple gateway on diffrent LANs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have a MultiConduit AEP connected to a LAN, and configured as LoRa Server.
    I have a MutiConnect AP connected to an other LAN, and configured as packet formwarder.
    Both LANs are connected to internet.
    In AP LoRaWan networking, Server Address is set to the public IP address of the server. On the router, I forwarded the port 1780 and 1782 to the server.

In the server gateways configuration page, for each gateway, an IP port is shown (different of 1780 and 1782).
    Do I need to forward more IP ports to have the packet formwarder connected to the LoRaWAN server ?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The link above explains multiple gateways on the same LAN. I already succeeded to make gateways running this way.
    What I am looking for is the ports I need to open to make the packet forwarder and the server linked.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

1780 and 1782 are the only ports the packet forwarder and network to communicate.

What is the “IP Port” shown in the LoRaWAN=>Gateways page of the server ?
    User guide only indicate “IP Port : Port used for LoRaWAN Gateway”.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The is a random port at the packet forwarder side used to connect to the downstream port. This port is used when the network server pushes packets to the packet forwarder.

For a UDP connection the server will use published ports. Clients will choose random ports for their sockets and connect to the published port. The server retains this port value for the client in order to communicate back.

A firewall will normally allow hole punching for UDP/TCP return ports.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.