LoRa Gateway Bridge

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model LoRa Gateway Bridge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have been trying to install gateway bridge in the multi tech conduit and couldn’t install it. I have been getting a list of errors. Can someone help me out with this?

`Installing lora-gateway-bridge (3.3.0) on root.
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘///var/lib/opkg/info/lora-gateway-bridge.postinst’: Can’t create ‘/var/lib/opkg/info/lora-gateway-bridge.postinst’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘///var/lib/opkg/info/lora-gateway-bridge.conffiles’: Can’t create ‘/var/lib/opkg/info/lora-gateway-bridge.conffiles’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘///var/lib/opkg/info/lora-gateway-bridge.control’: Can’t create ‘/var/lib/opkg/info/lora-gateway-bridge.control’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/etc/’: Can’t restore time
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/etc/init.d/’: Can’t restore time
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/etc/init.d/lora-gateway-bridge’: Can’t create ‘/etc/init.d/lora-gateway-bridge’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/var/’: Can’t restore time
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/var/config/’: Can’t restore time
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/var/config/lora-gateway-bridge/’: Can’t create ‘/var/config/lora-gateway-bridge’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/var/config/lora-gateway-bridge/lora-gateway-bridge.toml’: Can’t create ‘/var/config/lora-gateway-bridge/lora-gateway-bridge.toml’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/opt/’: Can’t restore time
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/opt/lora-gateway-bridge/’: Can’t create ‘/opt/lora-gateway-bridge’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/opt/lora-gateway-bridge/LICENSE’: Can’t create ‘/opt/lora-gateway-bridge/LICENSE’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/opt/lora-gateway-bridge/README.md’: Can’t create ‘/opt/lora-gateway-bridge/README.md’
    Warning when extracting archive entry ‘/opt/lora-gateway-bridge/lora-gateway-bridge’: Can’t create ‘/opt/lora-gateway-bridge/lora-gateway-bridge’
    To remove package debris, try opkg remove lora-gateway-bridge.
    To re-attempt the install, try opkg install lora-gateway-bridge.
    Collected errors:
    * set_flags_from_control: Failed to open ///var/lib/opkg/info/lora-gateway-bridge.control: No such file or directory.
    * pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open ///var/lib/opkg/info/lora-gateway-bridge.list: Permission denied.
    * opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for lora-gateway-bridge. Package debris may remain!
    * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package lora-gateway-bridge.
    * opkg_conf_write_status_files: Can’t open status file ///var/lib/opkg/status: Permission denied.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Have you tried to use sudo with your commands?

Hi Jason Reiss,

That solved my issue thanks.

But I am still having problems receiving the data to the gateway.Can you please help me with the configuration?

I have installed the LoRa Gateway bridge in the gateway and also setup the packet forwarder(AEP module).I am still unable to get the data from device.

I tried the below command to check if the packet forwarder is getting the data,but no response.

sudo tcpdump -AUq -i lo port 1700

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

lora-network-server init script is used for both network server and packet forwarder modes

Try to run the packet forwarder manually to see if you are receiving packets

$ sudo /etc/init.d/lora-network-server stop
    $ cd /var/run/lora/1
    $ sudo ./lora_pkt_fwd

Is there any gateway bridge logging?

I tried the above command and this is the response i got

admin@mtcdt:/var/run/lora/1$ sudo ./lora_pkt_fwd
    *** Beacon Packet Forwarder for Lora Gateway ***
    Version: 4.0.1
    *** Lora concentrator HAL library version info ***
    Version: 5.0.1;
    INFO: Little endian host
    INFO: found global configuration file global_conf.json, parsing it
    INFO: global_conf.json does contain a JSON object named SX1301_conf, parsing SX1301 parameters
    INFO: lorawan_public 1, clksrc 0
    INFO: LBT is disabled
    INFO: antenna_gain 0 dBi
    INFO: Configuring TX LUT with 16 indexes
    INFO: radio 0 enabled (type SX1257), center frequency 904300000, RSSI offset -162.000000, tx enabled 1, tx_notch_freq 0
    INFO: radio 1 enabled (type SX1257), center frequency 905100000, RSSI offset -162.000000, tx enabled 0, tx_notch_freq 0
    INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 0> radio 0, IF -400000 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 7 to 12
    INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 1> radio 0, IF -200000 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 7 to 12
    INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 2> radio 0, IF 0 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 7 to 12
    INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 3> radio 0, IF 200000 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 7 to 12
    INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 4> radio 1, IF -400000 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 7 to 12
    INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 5> radio 1, IF -200000 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 7 to 12
    INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 6> radio 1, IF 0 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 7 to 12
    INFO: Lora multi-SF channel 7> radio 1, IF 200000 Hz, 125 kHz bw, SF 7 to 12
    INFO: Lora std channel> radio 0, IF 300000 Hz, 500000 Hz bw, SF 8
    INFO: FSK channel 8 disabled
    INFO: global_conf.json does contain a JSON object named gateway_conf, parsing gateway parameters
    INFO: gateway MAC address is configured to 00800000A000474D
    INFO: server hostname or IP address is configured to “xx.xx.xx.xx”
    INFO: upstream port is configured to “1700”
    INFO: downstream port is configured to “1700”
    INFO: downstream keep-alive interval is configured to 10 seconds
    INFO: statistics display interval is configured to 20 seconds
    INFO: upstream PUSH_DATA time-out is configured to 100 ms
    INFO: duplicate packets received with low SNR will NOT be forwarded
    INFO: packets received with a valid CRC will be forwarded
    INFO: packets received with a CRC error will be forwarded
    INFO: packets received with no CRC will NOT be forwarded
    INFO: Reference latitude is configured to 0.000000 deg
    INFO: Reference longitude is configured to 0.000000 deg
    INFO: Reference altitude is configured to 0 meters
    INFO: GPS is enabled
    INFO: Auto-quit after 60 non-acknowledged PULL_DATA
    INFO: [main] GPSD polling open for GPS synchronization
    ERROR: [up] connect returned Network is unreachable

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Using the gateway bridge I would expect the packet forwarder to connect to 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

> Network is unreachable

With this error it appears the remote server may not be accessible to the bridge anyway.

You will need to setup the network correctly.

These commands should work when the network is setup correctly

$ ping 8.8.8.8
    $ nslookup google.com

Thank you.The problem has been sorted out. There was an issue with Ethernet connection. I have a LoRa GPS tracker turned on. I wanted to check if the gateway is receiving the data for which i used this command
    sudo tcpdump -AUq -i lo port 1700

I followed this link.
    https://www.loraserver.io/guides/troubleshooting/gateway/

I tried using this command in terminal

mosquitto_sub -h xx.xx.xx.xx -p 1883 -t application/#

but there was no response

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.