Linker Errors when Compile custom firmware with latest MDOT Library.

Home Forums mDot/xDot Linker Errors when Compile custom firmware with latest MDOT Library.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tom Hill
    Participant

I get the following linker errors when attempting to compile my custom firmware using the MBED CLI tool and against the libmdot-mbed5 version 3.3.5 and mbed-os-5.15.1. I don’t get any errors when compiling using the libmdot-mbed5 version 3.1.0 and mbed-os-5.7.7. Any ideas as to why I would get the linker errors below?

BUILD/MTS_MDOT_F411RE/GCC_ARM/mbed-os/rtos/source/TARGET_CORTEX/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/mbed_boot_gcc_arm.o: In function__wrap_main’:
    E:\Arm\TestMDot/.\mbed-os\rtos\source\TARGET_CORTEX\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/mbed_boot_gcc_arm.c:77: undefined reference to `main’
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    [ERROR] BUILD/MTS_MDOT_F411RE/GCC_ARM/mbed-os/rtos/source/TARGET_CORTEX/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/mbed_boot_gcc_arm.o: In function `__wrap_main’:
    E:\Arm\TestMDot/.\mbed-os\rtos\source\TARGET_CORTEX\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/mbed_boot_gcc_arm.c:77: undefined reference to `main’
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

[mbed] ERROR: “c:\python27\python.exe” returned error code 1.
    [mbed] ERROR: Command “c:\python27\python.exe -u E:\Arm\TestMDot\mbed-os\tools\make.py -t GCC_ARM -m MTS_MDOT_F411RE –profile mbed-os/tools/profiles/release.json –source . –build .\BUILD\MTS_MDOT_F411RE\GCC_ARM” in “E:\Arm\TestMDot”`

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Tom Hill
    Participant

Sorry false alarm, the linker error was because the main.cpp was missing :). My Bad!!!

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.